Virtual Enterprise is Virtually Dominant

Emily Robertson, Staff Writer

Greer High’s Virtual Enterprise students went to Pigeon Forge, TN to compete in the 2019 Southern Regional Conference and Exhibition. Out of the 65 teams from 5 different states, VE participated and won first place in all three competitions: Elevator Pitch, HR Challenge, and Marketing Challenge. This is the first time one team has won first place in all three live competitions. 

These students were the members who carried out these tasks and presented their sales pitch, HR policies, and marketing strategies. 

Elevator Pitch- Alex Gomez

HR Challenge- Anna Giebner and Ellison Flores

Marketing Challenge- Celeste Ruiz and Ivey Bennett

When asked how did you feel about the outstanding results, Ivey stated, “We worked really hard for everything. To win was really assuring. Putting in the hard work really pays off.”

Along with winning the competitions, they also took first place in Company Branding and second in Sales Materials. In addition, certain students participated in the Intuit Innovation Challenge with Garrett Dill’s team earning second place and Madison Kear’s team finishing in third. Each of this members earned prizes for their accomplishments. 

The team virtually sold over $500,000 worth of their donuts, which is the most revenue ever collected by the Greer High VE Team. Alex Gomez and Sarah Styles worked diligently in promoting products and collecting sales. 

A special thanks goes out to Mr. Schwartz for helping on the construction of the VE’s show booth.