Senior Year is Not That Scary

Anna Allen, Staff Writer

As my senior year flies by, I have realized that it has not been as stressful as some people make it seem. I never believed it when people would tell me that my senior year would be over in the blink of an eye, but here I am, with only five months left of high school.

Senior year does not have to be stressful. It is all about your mindset. For example, if you don’t need to take four classes, only take two. Adding on unnecessary courses can cause extra stress.

Also, don’t wait until the last minute to write an essay or study for an exam. It makes your life, and exam day so much easier if you study at least a few days before.

Probably the most stressful thing for seniors is, you finally have to make the decision of what you want to do with your life. The best advice I can give is to find something you are passionate about regardless of what others think or how much money you are going to make.

Finally, apply for college as early as you can. This was, you are not trying to finish three different applications in one day. Also, you will more than likely receive acceptance information a lot sooner, which will get rid of tons of stress.

Senior year is supposed to be fun and exciting, so don’t ruin it with stress and procrastination.