The Greer Hive Times

Shades of Me

Thomas Hicks

Thomas Hicks

Thomas Hicks, Staff Writer

School is a social rainbow full of yellows and greens. But the forgetful times that pass you start to feels blues and reds filled with the essay you forgot to type for your honors class or that math assignment that was do two weeks ago. Your mind is a closet filled with bins of memories being bad or good, colors are colors and they represent a mood and a lifestyle.

Yellow, is the color of happiness. Yellow was my mood for the first day of school: happy, bubbly, and slightly confused in a good way. I reunited with long lost friends and got to meet new ones. The bell startled me at first because I really wasn’t used to it, but after the teachers were calm and considerate with the freshmen, I started to appreciate the impulse of chaos with the bell.

Green, the color of growth, life, and jealousy. Green was the mood for my first C- of the semester. Math isn’t my strong suit for school and life in general, and I had to try hard enough to get a B+, but my lazy headset stopped me at my pinnacle of growth. I was shocked but not surprised when I caught a glimpse of my report card with a 73 in bold lettering. Annoyed by my jealousy of my classmates with A’s, I became familiar with the environment, asking people for help, and using my good friend Siri as well.

Red, the color of anger, energy, and desire commonly related to fire. Red was and mainly still is my mood towards ignorant teachers and annoying students. While growing you will come across stumps in the road causing you stress and slight madness and you take it out on the thing you hate the most, ignorance. Anger is a not the most useful emotion but it can be necessary. Maybe you want to argue your way to a good grade, but that really doesn’t work. Or the desire to argue a point in class, but it will just make you look like a fool.

Colors are more then the paint you put on the wall or the color of your shirt, it goes into life, spirits, and moods.