The Greer Hive Times

Freshmen Of The Month – December

Jayna De Pauw, Staff Writer

GREER– On December 14th, 2017, four students were chosen to be freshmen of the month. They all got to represent the Freshman Academy for Greer High by explaining what they like to do in their free time, their after school activities and what things they are challenged by on a daily basis. The four students consisted of Caroline Green, Jayden Collins, Andrew Buczkowski, and Haleigh Fields.

The Freshmen of The Month is an award for dedicated students who have shown good work ethic, leadership qualities, great academic skills, and participation in the Greer High community. Every month, the students who are picked by their teachers for their outstanding work, are rewarded with a certificate and a yummy meal. This month, they got to have Papa John´s pizza and water.

When asked by Mr. Ludley, ¨What is your favorite subject and what do you do outside of school that you enjoy?¨ Caroline Green said, “I like to play volleyball for Greer, and my favorite subject is math.¨ Secondly, Jayden Collins answered with ¨I play basketball and football for Greer, and my favorite subject is Social Studies.¨

Later during the luncheon, Mr. Stafford asked the students ¨What are your biggest challenges with being a freshman in high school? and “What is different from middle school to high school to you?¨ Caroline responded with, ¨I think middle school is so much more strict compared to high school, and at the beginning of the year I didn’t really know what to do with all of the freedom.¨ Then Jayden pitched in and said ¨I think it’s hardest juggling sports, keeping grades up, staying up late, and still being ready for the grind the next day.¨ This shows that everyone deals with hardships and still, these students showed real determination with having sports, honors classes, and of course, still having the struggles of being a normal teenager.

In order to succeed in the things you love, you must have good time management skills, and keep your priorities straight. Take it from Mr. Ludley, who said, ¨Show that grind and that grit, and everything will work out.¨