The Greer Hive Times

25 Things to do This Holiday Season

Jayna De Pauw and Myriah Keyser, Staff Writers

25 Things I Love About Christmas

• CHRISTMAS MOVIES – It is the best thing ever to snuggle up on the couch with a gigantic sweatshirt, black leggings and christmas socks while watching a classic christmas movie such as Rudolf the Rednose Reindeer, or Frosty the Snowman.
  • Knee high socks, Leggings, and Baggy SweatshirtsBeing comfy and warm on the holidays is the way to go.
  • Spending time with family – I love getting the chance to spend time with family around the holidays because it almost feels like family problems go away just for a little while during the holidays. This is when everyone can put their differences aside and just enjoy each other’s company.
  • Christmas BreakfastI just love breakfast foods.
  • Seeing that look of ¨I LOVE THIS GIFT¨I love being able to tell whether someone likes the gift you got them, and when they love it, that feeling of actually knowing someone well is amazing.
  • BonfiresIt is really nice to sit around the fire with friends and family and just talk, roast marshmallows, make s’mores, and keep warm on a cold December night.
  • SNOW!!!I absolutely love the cold weather. So you can only imagine how much I love it when it looks like a winter wonderland outside. When it snows it looks like a completely new place, which I love.
  • Hot CocoaIt’s total perfection when you add marshmallows and whipped cream on top of the burning hot, chocolaty goodness.  
  • Ugly Christmas SweatersThey are so ugly that they are cute in their own way. Taking pictures in ugly sweaters is so Christmasy and is good for Instagram photos.
  • Over-sized SweatersSweaters are so cute, comfy, and warm, which are all things that are perfect for the holidays, and the cold weather.
  • Christmas DecorationsWhen I get to see all of the colorful lights on houses, bushes, and trees, it makes me so happy, they are all so pretty. Putting up the Christmas tree is the best part of decorations, because I feel like each family’s Christmas tree shows their individuality through their ornaments.
  • BakingBaking cookies, cakes, pies, and whatever else is in the pantry is one of the best parts of Christmas time, because SUGAR is my weakness.
  • PresentsOF COURSE PRESENTS! Those are the things that keep all the little kids good throughout the year, which the parents of the world really need…
  • SantaSt. Nick, the person little kids look up to and constantly want to send letters to. And the person who I was obsessed with until I was 10 years old, guilty as charged.
  • Ice SkatingI love ice skating so much! I feel like I’m gliding on hair when I ice skate, it is the best feeling ever… except for when I face plant on the freezing ground.
  • SleddingI need to give whoever invented sledding a high five. Sledding is awesome, I love the adrenaline rush it gives me. I could do it ALL day!
  • Christmas MusicChristmas music is amazing and I don’t care what anyone says. It just gives you or adds to that holiday feeling, and makes you feel extra Christmas spirit.
  • Spending Time With FriendsI travel for Christmas and along with seeing my family I love to be able to see and hangout with my friends I wouldn’t normally see on a day to day basis.
  • Winter BreakI know, I know, we are all sad that school is out and we won’t be learning. Ah who am I kidding! This is my favorite thing, being out with friends and family, sleeping in, all the fooooooood!
  • Christmas DinnerI know we said Christmas breakfast but we can’t forget dinner. All that ham, sausage, green beans, taters… it’s like a Thanksgiving part 2!
  • EggnogEggnog is the most amazing creation… that’s it.
  • Cute DatesThis one is for the people out there who have a boyfriend or girlfriend.. Holiday themed dates are always fun! Going to see a Christmas light show in your car or going to HollyWild right by us in Spartanburg!
  • Seasonal Drinks from StarbucksGather round coffee drinkers! We all know the best Starbucks drinks are the seasonal ones! A few of the current ones include: Caramel Brulée Latte, Chestnut Praline Latte, Peppermint Mocha, and Eggnog Latte.

• Homemade CraftsThe best crafts are always the ones you make yourself surrounded with loved ones. You can visit Pinterest for awesome craft and/or ornament ideas. 

• Christmas Eve – Each Christmas Eve my family and I all open each of the gifts underneath the Christmas tree after a traditional dinner, instead of on Christmas Day.