The Greer Hive Times

SPOILERS: Have You Seen ‘It’?

Jayna De Pauw, Staff Writer

GREER– “It” is a horror movie that came out recently on September 8th, 2017. This new release is a remake of Stephen King’s “It”, which was screened on November 18th, 1990.

I had the chance to see “It” and I was very impressed. Oh my gosh, it was such a good movie. I don’t know how the sequel could ever top the first. During the entire movie I was entertained and one would usually say, “I was on the edge of my seat.” Well I was actually quite the opposite. I was in the back of my seat, making sure I had the ability to cover my eyes with my hoodie. The story line was great too. Usually in most horror movies the story lines don’t add up together or don’t make any sense, but this one had a great plot.

All of the actors and actresses seemed very well trained. It was as if the characters were real people, and all of this stuff had happened. That’s how good they made themselves into someone else. Speaking of actors, Finn Wolfhard played in “It”. Finn Wolfhard also had a big part in the Netflix original series, “Stranger Things.”

“It” was definitely horror movie material. Many “scary” movies usually have one, maybe two, scary scenes, and “It” had at least ten, if not more. The very first scene scared the crap out of me. No joke. When Georgie went to go run after his boat that Bill made him, I immediately had suspicion that something bad would happen. Geez was I right? Gosh. Once I saw It I knew Georgie was about to die. Come on, THE FIRST SCENE! That jaw of sharp teeth in It’s mouth just sent goosebumps straight down my back.

All in all, I would most definitely recommend the movie “It”. The movie is not advised for younger audiences… but I enjoyed It a lot.  If you get frightened easily, it’s not the best movie for you. Although, if you can handle it, GO SEE IT!!! I personally love horror movies so I only can speak for myself when I say it was great, but if you want to see if it’s as good as I say, then you’ll have to go watch it for yourself.