Balsley, White Lead Yellow Jackets at Region 2-AAAA Track & Field Championships

Back to Article
Back to Article

Greer High School junior Kaiya Bradford leaps over the bar as she wins the High Jump at the Region 2-AAAA Track and Field Championships Wednesday night at Eastside High School.

Jonathan D. Duty

Jonathan D. Duty

Jonathan D. Duty

Staff Reports

TAYLORS — Greer High School sophomore Ebony Balsley and junior Quavian White had stellar performances Wednesday night as they led the Yellow Jackets to second-place finishes in the Girl’s and Boy’s Region 2-AAAA Track and Field Championships at Eastside High School.

Balsley, who won the Long Jump, Triple Jump, 400 Hurdles and ran a leg on the first-pace 1600-Relay Team, was named the MVP of the girl’s meet. White, who won the 110 Hurdles, 400 Hurdles, and ran legs on the first-place 400-Relay and 1600-Relay Teams was Runner-Up in named MVP of the Boy’s Meet.

In the Girl’s Meet, the Yellow Jackets finished in second place with 92 points. Congratulations to the following athletes for placing in the Top Five of their respective events: Kaiya Bradford (High Jump, Shot Put, 100 & 100 Hurdles), Ciara Garett (200 & 400), Rylan Hardin (400), Taylor Houston (1600 & 3200), Kassidy Talley (100 Hurdles), Nyia Williams (Long Jump & Triple Jump), Tyanna Dingle (Discus) and the 3200-Relay Team.

In the Boy’s Meet, the Yellow Jackets finished in second place with 109 points. Congratulations to the following athletes for placing in the Top Five of their respective events: Dre Williams (100 & 200), Zech Evans (100 & 200), Richie Saddler (400), Blake Wright (400), Jay Roberts (800), Coen Roberts (3200), Chris Johnson (High Jump), Jacob Harris (Long Jump), Alex Sypherett (Long Jump & Triple Jump), Nate Jefferson (Triple Jump), Richie Saddler (Triple Jump), Nigel Jenkins (Shot Put), Carson Radlien (Discus), and the 3200-Relay Team.

Individuals that placed in the Top Four of their respective events will now compete at the Class AAAA State Qualifier Track and Field Meet on Saturday, May 6 at York High School.​