Yellow Jackets Sweep Rival Blue Ridge High School In Region 2 Action

Back to Article
Back to Article

Greer High School junior Delmar Moore goes up for a shot in a recent contest. The Yellow Jackets defeated rival Blue Ridge High School Tuesday night.

Staff Photo

Staff Photo

Staff Photo

Staff Reports

GREER — Greer High School sophomore Magic Moody and junior Andy Bryson scored 17 and 14 points, respectively, to lead the Yellow Jackets past Blue Ridge High School, 63-52, Tuesday night in a Region 2-AAAA matchup at Greer High School.

Nine different players scored for the Yellow Jackets who moved their record to 9-10 overall and 3-1 in conference play.

“I think we have progressed a lot since the beginning of the season,” Bryson said. “We still have a lot to improve on. I look forward coming closer as a team to try to reach the goal of going deep into the playoffs.”

The Yellow Jackets sit in second place in Region 2-AAAA behind first-place Eastside High School.

In the girl’s game, Greer High School rolled past Blue Ridge High School 74-21.

Senior Diamon Shiflet scored 16 points, and finished with six assists, seven steals, five rebounds and three blocks. Jonae Rawls added 13 points, seven rebounds and four steals.

Greer High School coach Mazzie Drummond was pleased with the win. “Everyone contributed to the team win,” said Drummond. “Blue Ridge has a lot of young talent, we were just the older more experienced team.”

With the win, Greer High School moves to 16-3 overall and 4-0 in the conference. The Yellow Jackets are currently ranked seventh in the state in AAAA and are in first place in Region 2.

The Yellow Jackets will be back in action Tuesday night as they host Eastside High School.