Yellow Jackets Sweep Past Travelers Rest in Region 2 Action

Greer+High+School+senior+Andy+Bryson+and+junior+Chris+Davis+defend+the+basket+against+a+Dorman+High+School+player+in+a+game+this+season.+The+Yellow+Jackets+defeated+Travelers+Rest+High+School+Thursday+night+at+Greer+High+School.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Greer High School senior Andy Bryson and junior Chris Davis defend the basket against a Dorman High School player in a game this season. The Yellow Jackets defeated Travelers Rest High School Thursday night at Greer High School.

Staff Photo

Staff Photo

Staff Photo

Staff Reports

GREER — The Greer High School Boy’s and Girl’s Basketball Teams swept past Travelers Rest High School Thursday night in Region 2-AAAA Basketball Action at Greer High School.

In the girl’s game, the Yellow Jackets breezed past the Devildogs 63-25.

Seniors Tori Henderson and Diamon Shiflet led the Yellow Jackets. Henderson scored a career-high 20 points, grabbed eight rebounds and finished with five assists, while Shiflet scored 17 points, and added 10 assists and six steals.

Greer High School coach Mazzie Drummond was pleased with his team’s play. “Our girls played very hard, especially on the defensive end,” Drummond said. “Every girl was able to get in the game, and contribute to the win.”

The Yellow Jackets improve to 14-3 overall and 2-0 in the conference.

In the Boy’s game, Greer picked up its first conference win of the season as the Yellow Jackets beat Travelers Rest, 75-57.

Sophomore Magic Moody scored a game-high 29 points, while junior Delmar Moore added 14 points.

The Yellow Jackets improve to 7-10 overall and 1-1 in conference play with the win.

Greer High School will be back in action Friday night as it travels to Union County High School for another conference matchup. The girl’s game is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m., with the boy’s game after the girl’s game.