Yellow Jackets Roll Past Tigers, 6-1; Await Playoff Pairings

Back to Article
Back to Article

Greer High School sophomore Hannah Henline returns a serve in a recent match. The Yellow Jackets defeated Blue Ridge High School, 6-1, Wednesday in the final match of the regular season.

Emily Williams

Emily Williams

Emily Williams

Staff Reports

GREER — At the conclusion of the 2015 season, the Greer High School Girl’s Tennis Team lost three of its best players to graduation. Returning to the team was a roster full of underclassmen and the largest question of where the wins were going to come from.

The Yellow Jackets finished the regular season on a high note Wednesday night as they defeated Region 2-AAAA rival Blue Ridge High School, 6-1, at Blue Ridge High School. With the win, Greer (4-11) finished the season winning four of its final seven matches, including a pair of conference wins over the Tigers.

The Yellow Jackets finished 3-5 in the conference and will now wait to see who they will travel to play in the Class AAAA Playoffs.

Greer High School Girl’s Tennis Coach Linda Sandusky hopes for a great showing in the postseason. “We finished the season by winning four out of last seven matches,” Sandusky said. “Hopefully, we can continue this winning attitude into the playoffs.”

The first round of the playoffs will take place on Wednesday, October 25. Greer will travel to play Aiken High School, the top seed from Region IV.