Yellow Jackets Pound Union County for Conference Victory

Greer+High+School+Freshman+Gabi+Edwards+rises+to+spike+the+ball+in+a+JV+match+earlier+in+the+season.+Edwards%2C+now+with+the+varsity%2C+helped+lead+the+Yellow+Jackets+over+Union+County+High+School+Thursday+night+at+Union+County+High+School.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Greer High School Freshman Gabi Edwards rises to spike the ball in a JV match earlier in the season. Edwards, now with the varsity, helped lead the Yellow Jackets over Union County High School Thursday night at Union County High School.

Emily Williams

Emily Williams

Emily Williams

Staff Reports

UNION — The Greer High School Varsity and JV Volleyball Teams swept past Union County High School Thursday night in a Class AAAA, Region 2 Matchup at Union County High School.

In the Varsity Match, the Yellow Jackets won, 25-14, 25-7, 25-9, to move to 2-1 in the conference.

In the JV Match, the Yellow Jackets won, 25-9, 25-17, to move to 2-1 in the conference and 8-5-1 overall.

The volleyball teams will be back in action on Tuesday as they host rival Blue Ridge High School. The JV Match is scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m., with the Varsity Match scheduled for 7:00 p.m.