White Runs Wild as Yellow Jackets Handle Daniel High School

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Greer High School Football Team continued its growth under the Water Tower with a solid 42-28 victory over Daniel High School Friday night.

Gabi Edwards

Gabi Edwards

Gabi Edwards

Staff Reports

GREER — Greer High School junior running back Quay White ran wild Friday night as he accounted for 517 all-purpose yards in the Yellow Jackets’ 42-28 victory over previously unbeaten Daniel High School at Dooley Field.

White, who previously played for Southside High School, rushed for 345 yards on 21 carries and scored four touchdowns. White also returned four kickoffs for 172 yards and a touchdown.

After taking a 7-0 lead at the end of the first quarter, Daniel High School (3-1) scored twice in the second quarter to take a 14-13 lead at Halftime. The two teams traded scores in the third quarter to be tied at 21-21 heading into the final period.

It was the fourth quarter where White brought his “A” game as he scored two touchdowns to help the Yellow Jackets pull away for the win.

Greer (2-2) has now won two consecutive games after starting the season 0-2 with losses to Class AAAAA Westside and Byrnes High Schools.

The Yellow Jackets will travel to Woodruff High School to face the Class AAA Wolverines on Friday night. The game is scheduled to kickoff at 7:30 p.m.