The student news site of Greer High School ~ 3000 East Gap Creek Road ~ Greer, SC 29651 ~ 864.355.5700 ~ 864.355.5725

The Greer Hive Times

Greer High School Hosts Annual Open House

Greer High School Senior Ashley Joins and Junior Victoria Brown speak to the public about the opportunities in the Leo Club Tuesday night during the Open House at Greer High School.

Anna Allen

Anna Allen

Anna Allen, Staff Writer

GREER — Greer High School hosted its annual Open House Tuesday night where parents had the opportunity to interact with administration, teachers and other students.

The night began in the school’s auditorium where over 100 parents were greeted by Principal Justin Ludley and shown a video about what Greer High School has to offer its students.

Afterwards, parents were allowed to visit their respective students’ class schedule and meet and greet their students’ teachers.

Ludley was happy with the night’s events. “I think Open House went well,” said Ludley. “A lot of great information was provided, and the crowd was good.”

The objective of Open House is to help develop personal connections and relationships between students, parents, and teachers.

When asked why this partnership between parents and the school is important, Ludley responded, “(this is important) in order to work together to support the needs of our students.”

Greer High School also allowed club advisers and students to advertise their organizations to those in attendance. Clubs such as: Book Club, Leo Club, Yearbook, Art Club and others were in attendance.

Greer High School has many community events on its calendar. Open House is one of the many “Traditions that Give Rise to Excellence.”