Yellow Jackets’ Volleyball Team Falls to Landrum & Chapman High Schools

Back to Article
Back to Article

Greer High School Senior Lindsey Jarecki elevates as she prepares to hit the ball in a recent volleyball matchup. The Yellow Jackets fell to both Chapman and Landrum High Schools Thursday night at Chapman High School.

Gabi Edwards

Gabi Edwards

Gabi Edwards

Gabi Edwards, Staff Writer

INMAN — The Greer High School Volleyball Team lost a pair of matches to Landrum and Chapman High Schools Thursday night at Chapman High School.

Greer (1-2) fell to Landrum High School, 13-25, 9-25, in the night’s first match. Senior Lindsey Jarecki led the Yellow Jackets with four kills and fives assists, while Senior Tori Schneider added three kills and four assists. Junior Victoria Fowler had two kills, one solo block and two assist blocks.

In the second match, the Yellow Jackets lost to Chapman High School, 25-16, 16-25, 13-15. Jarecki once again led the Yellow Jackets with 12 kills, eights assists three aces and one block. Schneider finished with six kills, 11 assists, one ace and one block. Senior Autumn Bridwell added two kills and one ace, while Junior Hannah Perry finished with one kill and one ace.

The Yellow Jackets will be back in action on Monday as they travel to Woodruff High School. The match is scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m.