Greer Middle, High School Bands Play Holiday Music

Back to Article
Back to Article

Members of the Greer High School Concert Band play holiday selections during the annual Holiday Concert Thursday night at Greer High School.

Whitney Campbell

Whitney Campbell

Whitney Campbell

Staff Reports

GREER — Holiday music was in the air Thursday night as the Greer Middle and High School Concert Bands played music in the annual Holiday Band Concert in Greer High School’s Auditorium.

Those in attendance first heard holiday music from the Greer Middle Band, directed by Matthew Gill, before members of the high school band took the stage.

Songs that were played were: “All the Bells Shall Ring”, “Secret Agent Santa”, “Rest”, and “The Stars and Stripes of Christmas”.

Freshman flutist Madison Salyers said she enjoyed playing the music for the packed auditorium. “I liked playing because it is Christmas music, and I like Christmas music,” Salyers said.

Salyers said she enjoyed playing the song “Rest” the most due to its significant meaning. “It is in the memory of the Paris and 9/11 attacks,” Salyers said. “I enjoyed playing that song.”

Greer High School Band Director said the two hours of music went well.  “The concert went extremely well,” Norman said. “I was very proud of all the performing groups. The audience got a musical treat.”

The Fine Arts Department will continue its holiday music as the Choral Department will perform Tuesday night at 7 p.m. in the Greer High School Auditorium.