Yellow Jackets Charitable Off Court; Slam Panthers on Court

Emma Durfee

Greer High School Junior Hitter Lindsey Jarecki prepares to spike the ball against Chapman High School. The Yellow Jackets defeated the Panthers, 3-0, in their annual "Pink Out" Match Thursday night at Greer High School.

Staff Reports

GREER — Even though the Yellow Jackets had charity on their minds, benevolence was not in their demeanor Thursday night as the Greer High School Varsity Volleyball Team pounded Chapman High School, 3-0 (25-19, 25-23, 25-23), in a Region 2 match at Greer High School.

The match marked the Yellow Jackets’ annual “Pink Out” Match in which both teams wore pink jerseys to support the fight against Breast Cancer. The Varsity and JV Teams raised $530 for charity through donations and the sell of hot dogs and snacks before each match.

Greer High School Varsity Coach Traci Farrington was proud of her team’s generosity. “The parents did a great job organizing the PINK OUT, selling concessions and passing the “Pink Basket” for donations,” Farrington said. “Each player (on both JV and Varsity of Greer and Chapman) announced who they were playing for and made a donation). It was a moving and exciting night for the Jackets!”

Junior Tori Schneider led the Yellow Jackets with 100 percent serving, five kills, 17 assists and two block assists. Junior Lindsey Jarecki added five aces, 11 kills, seven assists and one block assist. Mary Frances Edwards added eight kills, while Brooke Wade tallied two aces, three kills, three block assists and one solo block.

Natalie Minor finished 100 percent serving, while Medai Foster added two kills and two block assists. Autumn Bridwell also finished with 100 percent serving, and added one kill and one solo block.

The Yellow Jackets moved to 11-7 overall and 8-4 in the conference with the win. They will be back in action Tuesday night as they travel to Southside High School for a Region 2 Match. The match is scheduled to begin 15 minutes after the conclusion of the JV Match.